Last December I was on a business trip to the Mutis Rute, I traveled to Ambalema, Mariquita, Honda anda Guaduas.
The most interesting town that I visited was Guaduas, it is a city that keeps the Colonial Architecture.
I took some photos to do a multimedia about the Route.
We stayed for two days with three work mates and we took about one thousand photos and recorded four videos. We stayed in a old house where Jose Celestino Mutis lived for some years.
This was an amazing experience for me, because I learned a lot about Colombian history.
Guaduas was founded in 1572 by Andrés Díaz, it’s about 4 hours from Ibagué and it has many touristic places:
• La Soledad Convent.
• The Navarro Bridge, which was First built in Colombia crossing the Magdalena River, its owner charged to the people that wanted to cross the bridge.
• Policarpa Salavarrieta's House. She was a messenger for Simón Bolivar at the Independence Battle.
In her hous we can see an old style house with an old kitchen, bed and desktop with many old books, and a big watch.
In the backyard there are five turtles.
• Capira Stone Pointview, where you can see Guaduas from the top.
• The Real Road, is a stone made road where in the late 1700's the real army and the botanical expedition walked.
There is a very interesting place so you can revive the colonization times. It was the interstatal road, it is amazing because if you want you can walk from Guaduas to Ambalema and see what the real army saw.
The journey had something unexpected, when we were traveling in the car,, something wrong happened with the car and we nearly crush in the highway. We were very scared but, at least the journey finished well.
Hi Juan,
ReplyDeleteIt seems it was a very interesting job. I had no idea about The Navarro bridge.
the Expocision is good and interesting to the PATH MUTIS are things that do not know until somewhere nostoc expose on n talk about it because normally
ReplyDeleteHi, you are good on flash i tough, very good job dude, its very interesting
ReplyDelete